What is the Madera Teacher Residency Program?
In an effort to address the Bilingual Teacher shortage in our district for our growing Dual Immersion program, Madera Unified has collaborated with Fresno State to implement a teacher preparation program that will give aspiring educators the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in Dual Language Immersion (DLI) classrooms alongside experienced mentor teachers. The Madera Teacher Residency Program will allow our district to provide more options for Two Way Bilingual Educations experiences for the children of the families we serve. This joint effort between California State University Fresno and Madera Unified School District is only the second of its kind in the state of California.
Applications Due November 1st.
Spend 2 weeks in Mexico!
- Full day Monday-Friday
- Beginning Spring 2021
- 18-month program
- Active participation in the following:
Seminars, evening coursework, summer courses, Saturday workshops, conferences
- Commitment to teach in a DLI setting in Madera Unified for a minimum of 3 years upon successful completion of the program
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Meet all application requirements for Fresno State's Multiple Subject Credential Program
- Pass CSETs
- Be willing to attain a Bilingual Authorization or take and pass the CSET LOTE subtests III, IV, & V (Spanish)
- Have a strong desire to become a Dual Language Immersion teacher
Madera BELIEVES in you!