Eligibility for Athletes
To be eligible to represent Thomas Jefferson Middle School in an athletic contest, a student must:
- Be registered through "Home Campus" along with a current physical signed by a doctor and parent.
- Have Insurance: student accident insurance is available at a minimal cost if the athlete's family does not have insurance.
- Meet residency requirements as specified by the CIF (See CIF Bylaws and MUSD requirements).
- No student is permitted to take part in an athletic contest if they are not in attendance for a minimum of 1/2 day or 4 periods in the school day.
- All students, to be eligible to participate in co-curricular activities, shall maintain a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for each grading quarter, progress toward graduation, or on academic probation.