- In order to participate in athletics in the State of California, students must have health insurance coverage. If you have your own health insurance that meets the standards of Educational Code Sections 32220-32225, you do not need additional insurance.
- However, if you wish to have additional coverage or need primary coverage, health insurance that meets all of the requirements of Educational Code Sections 32220-32225 may be purchased from the Athletics Department at Thomas Jefferson Middle School.
- This coverage meets or exceeds all requirements relating to medical and hospital benefits for accidental bodily injury sustained while practicing and/or traveling to or from inter-school athletic contests during the season of the sport.
Information for Athletes
- To be eligible for any sport, you must have a current physical signed by a doctor and guardian.
- Student's attendance/tardiness will be checked regularly.
- All students, to be eligible to participate in co-curricular activities, shall maintain a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for each grading quarter, and make positive progress toward promotion.