At Madera Unified it is important to us that our students better understand their emotions. By joining our Counselor's Corner students can learn healthy ways to cope with stress, they can improve their self-esteem and build strong relationships, so they can pursue their future goals. Click here to learn more information.
Here at Parkwood Elementary School we acknowledge our guarantee to all stakeholders - trustees, taxpayers, community partners, students, parents, staff, and leadership - that our identity and philosophy are built upon our best traditions and aligns modern student needs with the highest level of research and professional learning. The MUSD Governing Board believes in fair and equitable opportunities to empower students to learn deeply and live long healthy lives with the widest array of career opportunities. In ever-changing times, the MUSD Governing Board believes in ongoing collaboration with stakeholders to continuously improve student outcomes and college and career readiness.
OUR VISION - Madera Unified will set the standard for hard work, creativity and resiliency with a fearless drive to continuously improve.
OUR MISSION - We are committed to creating and sustaining a culture enabling Madera Unified students to experience an unparalleled educational journey that is intellectually, socially and personally transformative.
OUR BELIEF STATEMENT - Madera Unified is where students are challenged to broaden their vision, inspired by meaningful opportunities and strive for authentic achievements.
WE BELIEVE IN....
1. Strong relationships between students, staff, parents and our community.
2. Rigorous expectations for ALL students, with proper support and opportunities.
3. Collaboratively planned relevant, challenging, and creative lessons.
4. Intrinsic motivation through curiosity, creativity, and choice.
5. Intentionally engaging classrooms and active learning.
6. Strong civic engagement through service learning.
7. An orderly learning environment with dynamic school cultures.
8. A financially sound & effective organization.
Madera Unified will set the standard for hard work, creativity and resiliency with a fearless drive to continuously improve.
A framework that outlines six skill areas that are important for everyone to master for success in school, career, and life. For our schools, the Graduate Profile provides a focus for teaching and learning. For students, it serves as a challenging set of elements to demonstrate by the time they graduate.