Hey Mighty Bears,
We Believe every student has a right to a socially, emotionally, and physically safe, positive school environment and students have a responsibility to express themselves and behave toward other students and staff with honesty, respect, and kindness.
- Students have the right to be treated with respect and valued by the school community and students have a responsibility to be empathetic and mindful in how they act and show their thoughts and feelings to others.
- Students have a right to inclusive teaching and learning environments in our classrooms and students have a responsibility to embrace their opportunities to learn by keeping open minds and hearts toward others.
- Students have the right to an equitable, quality education that prepares them for life beyond high school and students have a responsibility to take risks and explore what they’re capable of by seeking variety in what they learn.
- Students have the right to freedom of expression within a place of learning that has clear guidelines and expectations and students have a responsibility to reveal their values, creativity, and opinions without harming others and with an understanding of differences.
- Students have the right to shape decisions that affect their education and students have a responsibility to properly and clearly share their views on such matters when the opportunities arise to do so.
Madera Unified will set the standard for hard work, creativity and resiliency with a fearless drive to continuously improve.
The Graduate Profile is a framework that outlines six skill areas that are important for everyone to master for success in school, career, and life. For our schools, the Graduate Profile provides a focus for teaching and learning. For students, it serves as a challenging set of elements to demonstrate by the time they graduate.