MSHS Stallion Awards Descriptions
Stallion 4 Year Member Award
- This award is given to all members who have fully participated in our major ensembles for all eight semesters. This includes being part of the field show production in the fall and either Symphonic Band, Winter Percussion, or Winter Guard in the spring semester.
The following awards are chosen by the director with input from staff members. The student’s attitude, ability, and attendance are taken into consideration.
- The Director’s Award is awarded to the most reliable, hardest working all-around student.
John Phillip Sousa Award
- Recognizes superior musicianship, leadership and dedication.
Louis Armstrong Award
- Outstanding jazz performer of the year.
- Student who has shown consistent progress and improvement either by character, musicianship or both.
Outstanding Color Guard
- Student who has demonstrated outstanding abilities in the area of color guard throughout the year
- Student who has demonstrated outstanding abilities in the area of percussion throughout the year
- Outstanding member of the Junior Class
- Outstanding member of the Sophomore Class
- Outstanding member of the Freshman Class