Through the understanding and appreciation of mathematics, students will gain the skills and mindset to dream bigger and reach farther.
The Math Department will:
- create a safe, supportive, and challenging math educational environment
- provide all students access to technology resources
- implement active communication and collaboration processes
- teach problem solving, reasoning skills, and the use of justification
- produce students who take responsibility for their own learning outcomes
Mathematically Proficient Student
A mathematically proficient student is a critical thinker who perseveres to solve problems using appropriate tools. They are independent learners who are engaged in the learning process and can clearly communicate verbally and in writing.