|California Scholarship Federation (CSF)
Advisor: Kelly Tuck
CSF Chapter #43
|California Scholarship Applications are available the first 3 weeks of every semester. Pick one up in the Activities Office, Room 10 or download HERE.
CSF LIFE MEMBER NIGHT IS MONDAY, APRIL 20TH AT 6PM IN THE MHS CAFE
What is CSF?
The MHS California Scholarship Federation chapter #43 is part of a statewide organization, which fosters pride in high standards of scholarship.
Full membership is open to students in grades 10-12 who meet specific grade standards in academic classes. In addition, students in grade 9 are eligible for associate membership if they were a member of CJSF in junior high.
How do I become a member?
At the beginning of each new semester, the student body is notified of the process for application to CSF through the daily bulletin. Eligible students must submit an application to the sponsoring advisor requesting membership in the CSF chapter.
What are the requirements of membership?
CSF members have regular meetings throughout the year and plan special activities with an emphasis on service to the community. Members must attend at least 2 meetings, complete 7 service hours and pay $15 dues each semester to be an Active Member.
Requirements for membership in CSF include:
· Application each semester is based on previous semester grades
· Only courses taken for the first time during the regular school year are counted
· Student may not have any “D” or “F” grades or take fewer than 20 credits (not including PE)
· Grades in PE are not included in the calculation for membership
· Students must achieve 10 CSF points in order to qualify for membership
· “A’s” receive 3 points and “B’s” receive 1 point
· “B’s” in honors or AP classes receive 2 points (up to 2 "bumps" can be used)
· No more than five courses can be used to qualify
· The first 4 points must come from LIST 1 of courses and the first 7 points must come from LIST 1 and 2 of courses.
What awards are given to members?
Graduating seniors who have maintained membership in CSF for a minimum of 4 semesters (including at least one semester in their senior year) are eligible to wear a symbolic gold cord and tassel at graduation. Full membership is based on grades earned in grades 10-12. Life membership is based on four semesters of full membership including the one semester during the senior year.