Phone: (559) 675-4500 ext. 220
Degrees and Certifications:
Trustee Since: 2020
Term Expires: 2024
Trustee Israel Cortes was elected to represent area 6 in November of 2020.
Trustee Cortes was raised in Madera. He attended Madera Unified Schools and Madera High School and graduated from Fresno State University with a B.S. in Business Administration. He owns an insurance brokerage agency in Madera which he operates alongside his wife.
Trustee Cortes is married to Bertha Ruiz-Cortes and has two children attending Madera Unified schools.
For 2023, Trustee Cortes will serve the following schools:
- Sierra Vista Elementary
- Virginia Lee Rose Elementary
- Madera Technical Exploration Center
- Martin Luther King Jr., Middle School
- Mountain Vista Continuation High School
For 2023, Trustee Cortes will serve on the following Board Advisory Committees:
- Career Technical Education Committee (Alternate)
- District English Language Learner Advisory Committee
- Citizens Bond Oversight Committee
- Athletic Advisory Committee (Alternate)
For 2023, Trustee Cortes will serve on the following out-of-district committees:
- Madera County Arts Authority