Working in Madera UnifiedApplication InformationThank you for your interest in employment with the Madera Unified School District. To assist you, here is information relative to our application process:Please read and follow directions on the application:
- Complete all four pages of the application.
- If you are applying for an open position, a letter of interest must also accompany the application.
- The following materials must accompany your application:
- A copy of the credential(s) you currently hold
- Three letters of recommendation attesting to teaching ability
- CBEST verification
- A copy of your college transcripts.
Applications are accepted at any time. We are unable to consider unsigned or incomplete applications. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by telephone. We will keep your file active for two years. You may send additional material to update or enhance your file at any time.CertificatedAll MUSD certificated job openings are located on the Internet at EDJOIN.org. For more information about MUSD's certificated job openings, please call the district's Department of Human Resources at (559) 675-4500 (ext. 275).
ClassifiedMadera Unified utilizes the merit system for hiring classified employees. All open-to-the-public classified positions are posted on the Internet at EDJOIN.org. For more information about MUSD's classified job openings, please call the district's Personnel Commission Department for more information.Substitute TeachingIn order to be a substitute teacher in the Madera Unified School District, you must first contact the Madera County Office of Education at (559) 673-6051 (ext. 271) and request a permit. Applications are accepted for substitute teaching throughout the year.For more information about the application process to become a substitute teacher, please click here. This link will connect you to the Madera County Office of Education's website.Daily salary varies from district to district within Madera County. Prior to beginning as a substitute teacher, you may be asked to attend a brief orientation, depending on the school district.You will need to hold a current Teaching Credential or qualify for a Substitute Teachers Permit as follows:Requirements for the Emergency Prospective Substitute PermitIndividuals must satisfy all of the following requirements:1) Complete a minimum of 90-semester units of coursework from a regionally accredited California college or university.
2) Verify current enrollment in a regionally-accredited four-year California college or university.
3) Pass the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
4) Submit the proper application form with the application fee ($55).
5) Receive fingerprint clearance.
Note: All necessary paperwork to apply for a permit is provided by the Madera County Office of EducationRequirements for the Emergency 30-Day PermitIndividuals must satisfy all of the following requirements:1) Hold a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally-accredited college or university.
2) Pass the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
3) Submit the proper application form with the application fee ($57).
4) Receive fingerprint clearance.
Note: All necessary paperwork to apply for a permit is provided by the Madera County Office of Education