GUIDELINES FOR PARENT ORGANIZATIONS AND BOOSTER CLUBSFORMSBOARD POLICY & ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONSLINKS TO OBTAINING TAX EXEMPT STATUSTax Identification Number
- Form SS-4, “Application for Employer Identification Number”
Fill-in form: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-
- Publication 557, “Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization”
- Package 1023, “Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.” Includes fill-in form 1023, instructions for form 1023, and form 872-C:
- Form 8718, “User Fee For Exempt Organization”
- California Forms and Instructions Form 3500 Booklet, “Exemption Application Booklet." Includes instructions and two copies of form 3500.
- Consult Tax Tips Pamphlet No. 18, “Sales and Use Tax Guide for Volunteer and Nonprofit Fundraising Organizations" to determine what may and may not be taxable.
Last Modified on March 15, 2017