GUIDELINES FOR PARENT ORGANIZATIONS AND BOOSTER CLUBSFORMSBOARD POLICY & ADMINISTRATIVE REGULATIONSLINKS TO OBTAINING TAX EXEMPT STATUSTax Identification Number
- Form SS-4, “Application for Employer Identification Number”
Fill-in form: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-
- Publication 557, “Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization”
- Package 1023, “Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.” Includes fill-in form 1023, instructions for form 1023, and form 872-C:
- Form 8718, “User Fee For Exempt Organization”
- California Forms and Instructions Form 3500 Booklet, “Exemption Application Booklet." Includes instructions and two copies of form 3500.
- Consult Tax Tips Pamphlet No. 18, “Sales and Use Tax Guide for Volunteer and Nonprofit Fundraising Organizations" to determine what may and may not be taxable.