MUSD Classified Professional Development Committee
The Classified Professional Development Committee of Madera Unified School District believes in cultivating and empowering talented classified staff to achieve excellence for all to become Student Champions from every support position.
Our mission is to inspire classified employees to continuously improve by providing programs and educational opportunities, professional growth, and recognition for their leadership skills, hard work, and community service in support of the Madera Unified School District Community Compact.
- To inspire classified employees to establish goals, make conscious choices, and take action.
- To deliver clear, accessible resources for classified professionals to develop a growth plan specific to their professional goals, individual leadership skills, and in collaboration with their immediate supervisor.
- To provide classified employees with tangible, highly accessible tools they can utilize at their convenience to progress in their growth plan and achieve their goals.
- To build a district-wide platform for recognition of classified employees.
- To encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing among classified employees across the District and the community.
- To grow classified employees’ level of knowledge with the services that various departments across the District provide.
- To afford all classified employees with resources and support they need to be successful in their jobs and feel passionate about their work.
- PC Director (Committee chair), Chief Officer of Human Resources (Co-Chair)
- Classified School Employee Representative (CSEA President or designees)
- Classified Management Representative
- Classified Supervisor Representative
- Classified Confidential Representative
- Subject matter experts as needed
- Classified One-day Conference
- Develop Training and Workshops for classified staff:
- Develop Training Schedules during hours for Professional Development
- Develop Training Schedules after hours for Promotion
- E-Learning Blended Professinal Development Training
- Classified Quarterly Employee Award
- Loretta Edwards Employee of the Year Award
2020-2021 Committee Members:
Gladys Diebert - Senior Executive Administrative Assistant, Superintendent's Office
Lawrence Fernandez - Security Manager
Angelica Garcia - Spanish Translator/Interpreter, Special Services Department
George Garnica, Communications Analyst - Accountability & Communications Department
Joanne Glantz - District Technology Trainer, IT Department
David Hernandez - Director of PRC
Norma Martinez - Executive Administrative Assistant - Educational Services
Desiree Ortega - Administrative Assistant - Curriculum, Instruction & Assessments
Lucy Osuna - Executive Administrative Assistant - Human Resources Department
Mary Siegl - HR Specialist, Personnel Commission Department
Elizabeth Soto - Executive Administrative Assistant - Deputy Superintendent's Office
Brenda Tejeda-Padilla - Administrative Assistant - Madera South High School
Isabel Barreras - Director, Classified HR, Personnel Commission
Kent Albertson - Chief HR Officer, Human Resources Department
Anna Maldonado - Human Resources Officer - Human Resources Department