Loretta Edwards Employee of the Year Award
Loretta Edward Employee of the Year Award
Purpose of Award
- Recognize outstanding full-time and part-time permanent classified staff who exemplify the District’s standards for excellence, high expectations, and are Student Champions;
- Reward employees who show exemplary individual achievement, contribution, and performance in their jobs and other related duties beyond their own offices;
- Acknowledge someone whose efforts have inspired and supported the performance and achievement of students and others;
Who is eligible?
- All Classified Quarterly Employee Nominations for the year.
Criteria for Award
- Leadership Service: leads by helping others; motivates or inspires others to excel; team cooperation; exemplary work performance; professional development (attendance at trainings and workshops).
- Outstanding Service to the District: support for the school district-at-large and its goals: serving on committees related to district or site/department related issues: participation or volunteerism in site/department events outside of normal work duties.
- Commitment to the Students within the school site/department (Indirectly or directly): serves in a leadership role supporting students; serves as an advocate for students; going above and beyond to promote student success through work, volunteering, or mentoring.
- Community Involvement: volunteering with an outside organization/community activities or committing time to enrich the life of an individual or community.
- The Selection Committee will be comprised of one member from each of the following organizations: MUSD Board of Trustee, Personnel Commissioner and the Madera Linkage Foundation.
- The Selection Committee will use a Selection Rubric scoring sheet to rate the nomination forms.
- The employee will be recognized by the Superintendent at the “WE BELIEVE” Conference.
- The employee will receive an engraved plaque.
- The employee’s name will be engraved on a perpetual plaque to be displayed at the MUSD District Office. The employee’s name will appear on the MUSD Communication Weekly Staff email.