Classified Quarterly Employee Award
Classified Quarterly Employee Award Criteria
Purpose of Award
- Recognize outstanding full-time and part-time permanent classified staff who exemplify the District’s standards for excellence, high expectations, and are Student Champions;
- Reward employees who show exemplary individual achievement, contribution, and performance in their jobs and other related duties beyond their own offices;
- Acknowledge someone whose efforts have inspired and supported the performance and achievement of students and others;
- Provide awards to employees by a means that is fair, with equal consideration of all eligible staff, regardless of the location or level of responsibility within the District.
Who is eligible?
- All classified staff that are currently employed with two (2) continuous years of classified service;
- Open to all employees in the classified services which includes; regular classified, confidential, supervisory and classified management;
- Nominee must be a full-time or part-time classified staff employee of the MUSD;
- Can be employed at any of the departments or school site locations;
- The Classified Quarterly Employee Nominations will be reviewed in May to select the recipient of the Loretta Edwards Employee of the Year Award that is presented in June of each year.
Criteria for Award
- Leadership Service: leads by helping others; motivates or inspires others to excel; team cooperation; exemplary work performance; professional development (attendance at trainings and workshops).
- Outstanding Service to the District: support for the school district-at-large and its goals: serving on committees related to district or site/department related issues: participation or volunteerism in site/department events outside of normal work duties.
- Commitment to the Students within the school site/department (Indirectly or directly): serves in a leadership role supporting students; serves as an advocate for students; going above and beyond to promote student success through work, volunteering, or mentoring.
- Community Involvement: volunteering with an outside organization/community activities or committing time to enrich the life of an individual or community.
- The Selection Committee will be comprised of one member from each of the following organizations: Madera Linkage Foundation, Madera Chamber of Commerce, and the Madera Superintendent of Schools.
- The Selection Committee will use a Selection Rubric scoring sheet to rate the nomination forms.
- The employee will receive a certificate suitable for framing and recognition at a Personnel Commission board meeting during the months of October, January, April and July.
- The employee’s name will appear on the MUSD Communication Weekly Staff email.