ON THE BUS
- Enter the bus in an orderly manner and do not bring aboard items of injurious or objectionable nature is prohibited. (Animals, glass, etc.)
- Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Remain seated until the bus stops and the doors are open before exiting.
- Keep hands, head, arms, etc. inside the bus at all times.
- Screaming, yelling and the use of profanity is prohibited.
- Harassing or fighting on the bus is prohibited.
- Smoking on the bus is prohibited.
- Making offensive remarks or gestures to pedestrians or motorists is prohibited.
- Always be courteous to fellow students.
- The aisle of the bus shall be kept clear of books, lunches, feet, etc.
- No objects will be thrown in or out of the bus.
- You may not refuse to share a seat with another student.
- Remain in your seat and be quiet at railroad grade crossings.
AT THE BUS STOP
- Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to bus arrival time.
- Stand in an orderly manner.
- Respect private property.
- Pushing or shoving is prohibited
- Always face the bus as it approaches.
- Never run to or from the bus.
- Listen to instruction from the driver.
- Wait completely off the road for the bus.
- Stand at a safe distance from the bus until it comes to a complete stop.
- Wait until the driver opens the door before walking towards the bus.
- Watch your step getting on and off the bus, especially in wet weather. Always use the handrail.
- The bus driver has the authority to assign seats
KINDERGARTEN STUDENTSParents/guardians/designated people of Kindergarten students must be at the bus stop to receive the student or the student will be taken back to the school. If this happens more than 5 times during the school year, the students will lose bus-riding privileges.
ALTERNATE DROP OFF
Permission to get off the bus at bus stop other than your own shall be cleared with the school office, in advance. Written permission must be presented to the school bus driver on a school bus pass. The request must not require the bus to go off its route or require an additional stop. Space must be available on the bus.